On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:55:00 +0200
Alin Nastac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Paul de Vrieze wrote:

> >> There is no immediate reason, of course.  However, gtk+-1 and
> >> glib-1 will be removed as soon after the big cleanup as is
> >> feasible, and sylpheed-clasws-1.x is a gtk+-1 app, and therefore
> >> must go as well.  I didn't generate the list, but my understanding
> >> was that it was intended to include all packages with a hard dep
> >> on gtk+-1, in addition to gnome 1.x.
> >>

> > Gtk1 actually is broken for --as-needed. It's linking is broken
> > thanks to a libtool which refuses to link against a non-installed
> > libgdk.
> >

> I think gtk+-1.2.10-r12 solved this problem.
>
> Hope you guys aren't seriously considering dropping gtk+1. As long as
> we have packages that depend on it (packages that has nothing to do
> with gnome herd/team), gtk+1 should stay in the tree.

To stop people guessing around, I had a chat with compnerd on irc where
he explained that sc-1.x was on the list because it already had a gtk2
successor so would be "safe" to remove, and that there wouldn't be any
problem with keeping it if I wanted that.
(But as I already considered removing it myself for a while I agreed
that it's ok to go if it's done properly).

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.