Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Jakub Moc wrote:
>
>> Kevin F. Quinn napsal(a):
>> [snip]
>>
>> See, I don't really care how the reporter feels, if something's not a
>> bug, then it's not a bug.
>>
> In which case it must be a feature, so why not use the keyword FEATURE?

Why would we need a keyword for that? We already have "enhancement" as a
possible value of the severity field.
> imnsho it's very important not to cause deliberate offense, because doing so
> perpetuates the idea that FOSS movement people are an unpleasant bunch of
> individuals. This causes users to make the choice of using computer products
> from elsewhere, and developers to spend their free time doing other things.

FOSS _is_ a bunch of individuals, each with their own agenda. Whether
they're unpleasant or not, it is a subjective issue.

One of the FOSS strengths is always telling the truth, which applied to
invalid bugs translates as closing them with INVALID resolution.
If the reporter takes it as a personal offense, it is by all means his
problem, not ours.

Someone once said (Linus maybe?) "Linux is user-friendly, only chooses
its friends more carefully".