On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 00:59 +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
> I like the part about projects being self-organizing, but splitting up the
> tree is a no go from my POV.

Are they not already?

Aside from the global requirements on what it takes to be a developer,
projects are able to recruit anyone that they want.  If they have an
overlay, the person needs not even meet the requirements for being a
developer.  Does the Council interfere in the recruitment of new
developers into projects?  If the answer is no, then what change would
actually be made and what problems would it solve?  It looks like to me
there would be no change in how we operate currently.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead