Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:24:26 +0100
> Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Since seems that enough people are against this glep and many are
>> undecided I started polling around for alternatives...
>
> But there has yet to be a correct technical objection, nor a correct
> alternative proposed, nor a demonstration of why the problems
> discussed in the GLEP are safely ignorable...

Well putting the eapi per tree/repo and provide a way to fetch directly
the tree a package manager can understand sounds pretty much a simpler
alternative.

Add that basically much of the discussion is founded on uncertain basis
since there isn't a document about what exactly eapi is supposed to be,
nor other details that you considered compulsory to get a clue about
what's being discussed, so there isn't quite a way to say what's good
and what isn't beside polling who is hacking package managers about
alternatives and have an idea of what the dev base likes better if there
are equivalent solutions.

and NO there isn't a compelling reason to do anything _real_soon_

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member