Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Thursday 20 December 2007 20:01:55 Zhang Le wrote:
>> IMO, we can not have more than two EAPI's simultaneously.
>
> That defeats the whole purpose of having EAPIs. Which is to keep a sane
> upgrade path...

Upgrading happens between two versions.

When a new version comes out, we should educate developers about it and
encourage them to convert their ebuilds to use new EAPI.
When this finished, we can start upgrading to a more new version of EAPI.
IMHO, that should be the right way to go.
However, I think there is still devs don't know about EAPI-1.

If we allow multiple EAPI's to co-exist, do we need a upper limit on that
number? Or as many as someone likes? then our tree IMO will become a total
mess. People will not remember clearly differences between so many EAPI's.

--
Zhang Le, Robert
GPG key ID: 1E4E2973