Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:23:08 +0800
> Zhang Le <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I really don't see the necessity to have so many EAPI's
>
> A new EAPI is needed for new features, so new EAPIs will be needed in
> the future. Equally, migrating the whole tree at once to newer EAPIs is
> a) a lot of unnecessary work, and b) unnecessarily irritating to people
> using older package managers.

I think we should first decide on how EAPI works.
This is also a prerequisite for this glep to be further discussed.
Just because we need a new feature, then we produce a new EAPI?
I think that is not feasible, and will confuse developers.

>> especially PM specific EAPI. We can't have PM specific EAPI,
>> otherwise we are risking forking/splitting ourself.
>
> Package manager EAPIs don't belong in the main tree, but they have uses
> outside of it.

Then would you please introduce how paludis-1 EAPI differs from official EAPI's?

--
Zhang Le, Robert
GPG key ID: 1E4E2973