On 21-02-2008 19:40:43 +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > - x64 is IMO the worst name for the architecture (originally a MS
> > marketing term later adopted by Sun, looks too similar to x86, name
> > doesn't make any sense really if you compare it to x86)
>
> Marius said all I wanted to say on that name.
>
> Beside, does it really changes stuff for anybody beside Intel fanboys?

I guess amd64 is just as much a marketing term as x64 then, and whether
or not fanboys, I don't care, but amd64-macos just doesn't make any
sense to me, and em64t is just as bad as (if not worse than) amd64.  I
could even live with i64, even though that might get confused with ia64.
Long story short, in the end it's just a keyword, so nothing life
threathening.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level