On 11/18/2012 04:34 PM, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:
> To be honest, in my opinion, «killing of separate /usr» can reasonable
> be continued by moving all it's content to / (/usr/bin -> /bin, /usr/lib
> -> lib, and so on) in despite of all objections, as it was invented just
> because of disk space exhaustion.

And since we have lots of wonderful file systems, a neat and interesting
device mapper and a plethora of fun way to shot ourselves in the foot
not only you have a separate /usr but even fun separate /usr/bin from
/usr/share and other strange layout that some people prepared to solve
some of their problems.

The radical solution is to have a rich early boot able to do this kind
of setup, for the transition you might want to not have init and udev
non-workable because somebody decided that is useful using glib or some
other library residing in /usr/

lu