On 18/11/12 17:04, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
On 18/11/2012 03:11, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:

[Just asking because all you angry answers to some devs make me think
that you're on SysD side, when tons of Gentoo users and Gentoo devs are
on "non-SysD-related udev" side.]

The fact you're asking means you really haven't been following anything
I've been doing lately. As many other developers can easily attest, I
don't use systemd and I'm not planning to use it anytime soon.

So your whole rant picking up on my post is completely misdirected.

Same here. I haven't even tried it and got no plans to.

I'm still happy enough with building udev out from systemd tree and letting sep. /usr consept from 90s to finally die in favour of simplifying the system. The BIOSes have been upgraded last century to support booting from larger partitions, the need has long past. Nobody has ever provided a valid reason for using sep. /usr in the ML either.

- Samuli