Walter Dnes schrieb:
>> Telling people to use xf86-video-fbdev for Poulsbo would be bad
>> advice, they should use xf86-video-modesetting.

> Since
> the "Intel GMA5/600 KMS Framebuffer" option is selected, xf86-video-fbdev
> *MUST* be used as the video driver.  I did try xf86-video-modesetting, a
> few minutes ago and it does not support X Windows on my machine.

The in-kernel GMA500 driver is being used with xf86-video-modesetting and it
has some advantages over xf86-video-fbdev (like xrandr 1.2 so you can
configure the resolution of your external monitor).

I have seen occasional reports from users that the modesetting driver fails
to detect the Poulsbo graphics, but due to lack of hardware I could not
investigate further. If the modesetting driver does not work for you, then it
would be a good idea to report a bug at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ and
include the relevant logs.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn