Walter Dnes schrieb:
> Xorg appears to segfault with the xf86-video-modesetting driver. This
> includes "Xorg -config". Normally, I run with no xorg.conf, no evdev,
> and no udev (I use mdev) and the machine works. I don't know if
> they'll accept a bug report due to my non-standard setup.

Then try to reproduce the issue in a standard setup.
X -configure does not work with KMS.

> I did some Google-searching. The vast majority of hits either had
> links to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Poulsbo (the Arch Linux
> wiki) or else copied large portions of that page. I followed their
> instructions, but it did not help. I'll do some more testing first, to
> see if I can narrow down the bug.

Other distros invent other names for the X11 drivers (Debian calls it
xserver-xorg-video-modesetting and Fedora xorg-x11-drv-modesetting for
instance). This may help in finding more information via Google.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn