> The in-kernel GMA500 driver is being used with xf86-video-modesetting and it
> has some advantages over xf86-video-fbdev (like xrandr 1.2 so you can
> configure the resolution of your external monitor).
>
> I have seen occasional reports from users that the modesetting driver
> fails to detect the Poulsbo graphics, but due to lack of hardware
> I could not investigate further. If the modesetting driver does
> not work for you, then it would be a good idea to report a bug at
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ and include the relevant logs.

  Xorg appears to segfault with the xf86-video-modesetting driver.  This
includes "Xorg -config".  Normally, I run with no xorg.conf, no evdev,
and no udev (I use mdev) and the machine works.  I don't know if they'll
accept a bug report due to my non-standard setup.

  I did some Google-searching.  The vast majority of hits either had
links to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Poulsbo (the Arch Linux
wiki) or else copied large portions of that page.  I followed their
instructions, but it did not help.  I'll do some more testing first, to
see if I can narrow down the bug.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>