On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 07:07:09PM +0100, Micha?? G??rny wrote

> Waaait, what? Did something change lately or are you just repeating
> the same bullshit for months?

  Older systemd boots OK with a separate /usr and eudev.  But somehow,
somewhere along the line, as part of the merge, the udev portion of the
systemd tarball requires initramfs.  See news item...
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=36326;list=gentoo
It was actually finally released 2012-03-16.  If you disagree with that
news item, complain directly to its author.  If you can boot a udev-181
or higher system with a separate /usr, and no intrd/initramfs, I'm sure
a lot of people would be very interested in knowing how.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>