Am Montag, den 17.12.2012, 11:19 +0100 schrieb Tomáš Chvátal:
> Currently we put portage into /usr/portage and all related stuff is to
> be in the subfolders there (distfiles, binpkg).
>
> I've always myself override these defaults in make.conf to point for
> /var/portage/ (not /var/lib because I never bothered enough how to
> make world and config files to be put elsewhere :P).

I always move the stuff as well:

* /var/cache/distfiles
* /var/cache/packages ... may not be the best choice since they can't
always be regenerated
* /var/db/repositories/portage
* /var/db/repositories/... (other portage repositories)
* /var/db/paludis/repositories/... (for paludis-specific repositories,
like layman)

Tiziano