On 17/12/2012 14:49, Rich Freeman wrote:
> I'd also suggest at least considering how paludis handles this.  They
> just have a directory containing config file per repository, with a
> priority setting.  The portage tree is just another overlay, which is
> a good way to handle it.  The sync mechanism handles the main tree
> identically to overlays as a result, though you can specify what to
> sync.

Let's not conflate two completely different changes with two completely
different work required to deal with them.

Changing our default locations, and the documentation is quick. Changing
the way the syncing/handling is done is a nightmare.

If we conflate the issue, we can stop discussing as we're never ever
going to go anywhere.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/