On 17/01/2013 06:31, Samuli Suominen wrote:

> The tree definately isn't ready for libav so +1 from me, I almost
> changed it back myself already but to avoid stupid commit wars didn't.

I disagree with "the tree isn't ready for libav" — I can add myself to
Ben and Alexander on having used libav for a long time at this point
(given I'm also one of the original split team!).

But also, if you say that the tree isn't ready because of the bugs I
opened — remember that I'm not going to test ffmpeg any time soon. I do
reserve the right to not give a damn about software whose authors
insulted me more than a few times so ffmpeg is blacklisted on my
tinderbox. All the tree is tested with libav — and most of it works
fine, with the exception of libav-9 (because of the new API).

Interestingly enough, ffmpeg-0.11/1 has mostly same problems as libav-9,
so the bugs can easily be shared across the two, so if it's not ready
for one, it can't be ready for the other.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/