CM> That's what's known as "doing it wrong". You should be querying your
CM> package mangler for a list of categories, not doing an 'ls'.

ls(1) isn't relevant.  find(1) is.  grep(1) is.  There are others.

Using the 'package managers' isn't very helpful.  They generally do
everything poorly.  And usually **s*l*o*w*l*y**, if they compile at
all.

I can't even remember every time I've needed to use a regex, glob or
other pattern match where the fact that the real categories had a dash
made things easier and faster.

Its been way too many years to change that now.

Much better to standardize it as m/[a-z0-9]+-[a-z0-9]+/.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cl...@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6