On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Ralph Sennhauser <s...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The other thing is those unit files really should come from upstream
> and other distributions urge their developers to work with upstream [1]
> Therefore I'd require an upstream bug for each unit that we add.

Makes sense, though I wouldn't necessarily make it a hard requirement.
 Also, upstream units may not be usable as-is.  They might reference
incorrect file locations (though I'd hope not for the most part), and
in particular dependency naming will always be a challenge.

Upstream rejection of a unit should certainly not lead to Gentoo
rejection of a unit, any more than their rejection of a script for
OpenRC should.  Upstreams will likely be slow to embrace the
init-scripts-aren't-just-for-distros thing.

Rich