On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Stability is about the quality of the ebuilds and the user experience
> in general.  It is not a statement that all Gentoo developers think
> that the package is useful.  Many would say that nobody should be
> using MySQL/MariaDB for production work, but that has nothing to do
> with its stability as a package either.

This is not entirely correct.

If from now on, a bug with systemd of new version of a package blocks
that package stabilization, it means that all developers must support
systemd. So having systemd stable is a decision that should be made by
the entire community, and have huge overhead on us all.

So apart of the politic message, there are implications of maintenance
efforts, stabilization efforts.

I appreciate the discussion at debian, it is not wise to support [I am
adding: at stable] more than one solution for layout.

Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.