On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Denis M. <g...@politeia.in> wrote:
> On 11/07/2013 08:59 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
>> iirc, we give $200 if infra for developer accounts for a couple of
>> months.  If a deal is struck it would likely be more and forever or
>> something.
>
> I've been running my VM for Ago for 13 months now (started on september
> 2012), where are my >$200? ;-)

Can't argue with that.  :)

Seriously, though, I'd love to see these needs better supported.  I
think we need to start by defining what the needs actually are (less
redundancy, more consistency, etc).  Then we figure out how to best
address them.  It could be individuals donating VMs, or it might be
Gentoo buying resources from any number of vendors, or it could be
Gentoo going out and looking for donors.  I suspect that if we went
out with something specific in mind we might be able to find a sponsor
- but it is always best to have some idea just what we're going to be
using any donations for (this will be our stage3 builder which cranks
out a new stage3 every 20 minutes and reports build failures to double
as a tinderbox, etc).

Rich