On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 16:28:47 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 03/06/14 16:20, Tom Wijsman wrote:
> > Ehm, no, version 0.9.23-r3 controls that with a systemd USE flag;
>
> No, it doesn't.

Nevermind, `cvs up`-ed; heh, I don't understand how you've got to
that change, I thought there only was a problem with 0.99.0?

> >  in comparison, 0.99.0 mainly wants you to run it with systemd:
>
> "mainly", as in, since 0.99.0 removed support for hibenate/suspend
> in favour of systemd, the power/session managers need to integrate
> their own hibernate/suspend support diffently.

Ah, right; thinking of MATE, I understand the 0.99.0 bit now.

> >   26 May 2014; Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org>
> >   upower-0.99.0.ebuild: This release is mainly for use with
> >   sys-apps/systemd because upstream removed support for
> >   sys-power/pm-utils completely from git master. The 0.9 branch is
> > for sys-power/pm-utils use. Adjust ebuild accordingly.
> >
> > Though I'm a bit confused why 0.99.0 doesn't list a systemd
> > dependency; I thought it had one, but maybe it is in another
> > package I'm unaware of.
> >

> Outdated ChangeLog entry from March, those were the facts we dealt
> back then,
> only partly true anymore, consumers have evolved

Which means that the situation I am assuming right now is outdated; so,
if you don't mind feel free to highlight why 0.9.23-r3 needs systemd.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D