On 22/07/14 04:05, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:

> And just for fun, since no one has mentioned it yet, dynamic deps don't
> work at all on binpkgs since the Packages file contains the deps (like
> vardb) and it doesn't get updated (just like vardb).

Known long standing pitfall. It's managable.

> Revbump or make dynamic deps actually work (ha).

If they are really as broken people claim, why is the feature enabled by
default in the
official package manager?
As in, why I'm not seeing a bug with title "sys-apps/portage: disable
dynamic deps by default"
with a Comment #0 listing all the culprits why it should be disabled by
default?
Or do people think it works well enough, so that it's pros overweight
the cons? I do,
and many others seem to think so as well.