On 04/02/15 14:25, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
By now it should be clear to most people that everything goes smoother,
works better for the end user, and causes less breakage when *ffmpeg is the
default, not libav*.

"Works better" is a matter of perception, if I (and the few that help me not afraid of having rabid FFmpeg-fans bite them) fix the bulk of the issues early surely those that use FFmpeg get a smoother experience.

Again it is one project parasiting everything the other does.

Currently I'm trying to get Libav not to drop the old APIs as hard as I could so at least that part would be even.

Probably I should stop caring about the breakages myself and wait until they hit FFmpeg and let other do the work so I can spend my spare time in implementing more features instead.

lu