On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:00:16 +0800
Patrick Lauer <patr...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Right now repoman is relatively permissive - it whines about many
> things, but treats many issues as warning.
> The result is that many ebuilds get committed with 'minor' cosmetic
> issues which then someone more OCD than the original committer cleans
> up, making pretty much everyone involved more unhappy.
>
> There's no reason to not error out on, for example, an invalid
> RESTRICT. Just printing a message is relatively useless.
>

> Thus I suggest making the following warnings proper errors:
>
> (Taken from current repoman 'qawarnings' set)
>
> "changelog.missing",
> "changelog.notadded",
> "digest.assumed",
> "digest.unused",
> "ebuild.notadded",
> "ebuild.nesteddie",
> "DESCRIPTION.toolong",
> "RESTRICT.invalid",
> "ebuild.minorsyn",
> "ebuild.badheader",
> "metadata.warning",
> "LIVEVCS.stable",
> "LIVEVCS.unmasked",
>
> Most of these have few or no occurrences in the current tree, so
> changing the default from warn to error won't get in the way of the
> normal workflow.
>
> (A few of them, like DESCRIPTION.toolong, still have about a dozen
> leftovers, but that should be easy to fix)
>
> Have fun,
>
> Patrick

While I can agree to the principal of this, Unfortunately I maintain
several pkgs that I would love to clean out old versions of
that trigger several of these, but can't.  (But I am getting closer to
being able to clean them)

If I recall correctly they are:

  "ebuild.minorsyn",
  "ebuild.badheader",

plus a couple other odd ones

Portage ebuild triggers minorsyn due to a false positive quoting issue.

--
Brian Dolbec <dolsen>