On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:26:10 -0500
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> - Currently, we have to skip over certain file systems that we can't
>   unmount during shutdown. With the new approach, if the mount script
>   mounts a file system during boot, it will be able to unmount the
> same filesystem during shutdown, so that will eliminate more
> complexity in our mount/unmount handling.

What about unmounting during shutdown of things which were mounted by
autofs for example? Let us suppose I have samba network and I mount
shares automatically using autofs in Windows-like way
(cd /net/10.20.30.40/cool_share) and then I reboot after that. Will be
this share unmounted well on shutdown with new system? :)