* Kent Fredric schrieb am 07.09.15 um 15:18 Uhr:
> On 8 September 2015 at 00:35, Marc Schiffbauer <msch...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > What do you think and would is the proper way to suggest this for a new
> > EAPI?  A new bug? On what
>

> My opposition would be I figure its more likely you want a range of
> exclusion, not a single version.
>
> EG: you don't really want !=dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0 , you want
> !=dev-python/paramiko1.13.0{,-r{0..999}} or something.

Erm. +1
You are of cause right. So you just discovered a potential bug in my
ebuild :-P

> But distinguishing between "Just this exact version" and "This range" is hard.
>
> Does <> Imply "and any -rversion" ?
>
> Does <> imply "and any sub-version" like ~ does ?

Well, than I might change my mind and prefer != over <> as it would be
more flexible:

!=foo/bar-1 => exact version
!~foo/bar-1 => that version and any revision

And as the cherry on the cake theere could be

<> ( foo/bar-1 foo/bar-5 )

To express real ranges (that would include revisions)

-Marc

--
0x35A64134 - 8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317
             3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134