On 19 Apr 2016 04:02, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> On 4/19/16 1:41 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > i waited until the known bugs died down.  i don't have access to a
> > tinderbox system myself.
>
> you didn't notice that coreutils and systemd/udev/eudev broke?

i had pushed the coreutils issue upstream, but i thought it was fixed
already (via configure checks).  i don't run those other packages.

> but a heads up would have been useful

certainly.  i usually do it based on how much on an impat a change
will have.  i didn't think this would spawn as many bugs as it had
(since the incoming rate had slowed/stopped), but i misjudged.

> > not today, but as i said, we want to move multiple libraries (at least
> > glibc, uClibc, musl, and bionic) in that direction.  the current behavior
> > violates the POSIX standard.
>
> i took a look at opengroup.org and it seems posix is silent on the
> matter.

POSIX does not permit sys/types.h inclusion to export things it doesn't
define.  since it doesn't define major/minor/makedev, including them in
the export is a standards violation.
-mike