W dniu wto, 16.01.2018 o godzinie 10∶15 +0100, użytkownik Dirkjan
Ochtman napisał:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Besides regrouping, I've also reordered the keywords to use the same
> > sorting order as eshowkw (i.e. ppc before ppc64), moved 'BSD' into teams
>
> (in contrast to 'AMD64 FBSD' and 'X86 FBSD'), and added 'Prefix' team.
> >

> I think these are all good improvements. In terms of having the best user
> experience, I would actually advocate changing the order to sort by
> frequency/use. So the list would just start with amd64, then x86, arm64,
> ppc, or something like that? Probably we should still match order with
> eshowkw, maybe there should be a file somewhere that keeps the current
> order and we can regenerate it from time to time based on the latest use
> counts.

I disagree. I think most of the developers are used to the lexical sort,
and it keeps the order predictable. While I suppose keeping amd64
and x86 alongside for the sake of being commonly used would make sense,
I really have no clue how that would affect other arches.

By 'frequency' did you mean how many ebuilds are having the specific
keyword? Could you make some quick stats that would show how this would
look like right now?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny