On 10/1/21 11:32 AM, Alec Warner wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 11:30 AM A Schenck <lane_and...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Patches welcome.  It shouldn't be hard, my commit shows which files need
>>> to be edited to alter the prefixes and how to pass them into ebd.
>> Would it be possible to get this patch in an format that it can be
>> interacted with with open tools? Per the other branch of this thread,
>> we'd be happy to make this an opt-in so as to not break existing people.
> I'm not sure what you mean; you can download the PR...
>
> https://github.com/gentoo/portage/pull/759
>
> -A

This isn't really the place to rehash the whole discussion of free
speech vs. free beer: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw-en.html .
Suffice to say the Gentoo Social Contract
(https://www.gentoo.org/get-started/philosophy/social-contract.html#gentoo-is-and-will-remain-free-software)
states: "Gentoo will never depend upon a piece of software or metadata
unless it conforms to the GNU General Public License, the GNU Lesser
General Public License, the Creative Commons - Attribution/Share Alike
or some other license approved by the Open Source Initiative"; which
GitHub does not conform to:
https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html#GitHub .
Further reading (linked from gnu.org) at
https://sanctum.geek.nz/why-not-github.html , and of course we all know
that Microsoft acquired GitHub, and of course Microsoft has a history of
suing Free / Libre / Open Source Software creators and users.

Further discussion belongs on a different list, but the link provided by
mgorny and repeated by you does not allow collaborating in compliance
with the Gentoo Social Contract.

-A