On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 01:00:37PM -0800, Matt Turner wrote:
> I'd like to deprecate and ultimately remove repoman. I believe that
> dev-util/pkgcheck and pkgcommit (from app-portage/mgorny-dev-scripts)

There's also dev-util/pkgdev as an alternative to pkgcommit with more
features for those that want them that will feel similar to repoman
- pkgdev commit -c/-b bugnum (repoman commit -c/-b bugnum)
- pkgdev manifest (repoman manifest)
- pkgdev push (runs pkgcheck scan --commits before pushing)
- updates copyright year / manifest on commit
- basic commit message templates, like auto "cat/pkg: add <version>" on
  bumps without manual editing -- prepend cat/pkg: like other tools
  if nothing specific

And other handy features like pkgdev mask --rites days

--
ionen