[Please don't top-post.]

> I've been using both repoman _and_ pkgcheck becasue I was not sure which
> one covers all the checks I need to make. In fact [Pull Requests
> wiki](https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:GitHub/Pull_requests) has a
> big red warning box with the following message, and I quote:

> "CI is not an excuse not to run repoman full, at least for the packages
> being committed."

That warning box also says: "Furthermore, pkgcheck is imperfect (yet
very fast) and may fail to notice some subtle breakages (especially if
USE flag masking/forcing) is involved."

Looks like the warning was added by mgorny in 2016 [1]. Have these
issues with pkgcheck been fixed in the meantime?

Ulrich

[1]
https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=Project%3AGitHub%2FPull_requests&type=revision&diff=575482&oldid=575480