Hi people,

I'm thinking potentially, but what I would like to do is build a few pcs who's sole purpose is building software, (via distcc or openmosix). I'd like them to be as small and as cheap as possible, containing only the essentials and preferably being quiet, but that's not important.

So basically I want to find some all inclusive motherboards that run well under linux, and have acceleration in the right places for compiling, (what does accelerate compiling? memory bandwidth? CPU clock? L2 cache?), and a net card with decent 100 FD throughput.

Then, why not try and fit more than one of them in a box.. I can custom make it, so is there any hardware that could be added to this to aid in distributed compiling?

Any ideas at all...

MAL