Hi all,

I've been running KDE 3.1 for a while, and I decided to try Gnome 2.2. After I logged in, though, I found that windows draw rather slowly when maximizing, and generally my system seems to stutter, whereas in KDE this didn't happen (I could run multiple compilations and still use the system for other things. Now if I'm compiling something, the mouse stutters horribly).

Are there any general fixes for this sort of thing, or is the ebuild somehow unoptimized?

--Ben
---