Hi...you may not be looking for suggestions for improvements, but this just
crossed my mind, and I thought I'd share it with you:

Why not set it up to email the PDF to the user as an attachment? That way if
they have to create a private/confidential document of some sort in PDF
format, they don't have to worry so much about it being stuck on a public
share.

There are Perl modules, such as MIME::Parser, which afaik make it relatively
easy to create MIME messages with attachments. Then all you'd have to do is
figure out the email address of the user, and pipe it to sendmail.

Just a thought from left field...admittedly slightly OT, but hopefully
helpful.

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 14:41, M. Robert Martin wrote:
> I've heard no quality complaints, and I'm surprised at the positive
> reaction. It's really just a throw-together that I spent too little time
> on, and kinda thought most bigger network admins did something like this
> already. It makes too much sense...
>
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Sundance wrote:
> > I heard M. Robert Martin said:
> > > Anyway, just thought I'd share. Hope it's useful.
> >
> > Rob, this looks great! I hope this will make it to the next GWN!
> >
> > Any empirical comments to make about the compared quality of ps2pdf and
> > Distiller? It might be much easier to slip your solution past the
> > management guys if there's no noticeable difference... To those who
> > haven't seen the Light, open source has connotations of low quality,
> > don'tcha know. *g*
> >
> > -- S.
> >
> > --

Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune

PGP Key: http://deneb.condordes.net/node/16/view

NOTE: Please do not submit this email address to any mailing
lists or websites without prior permission.  Thank you.