Dear Jean,

I had the same wishes when I wanted to install Gentoo, and I agree with
you that the directions to have separate /usr, /home and /var partitions
weren't clear. I gave up on trying to have separate partitions after I
went thru the whole install only to have problems mounting them at boot..
in retrospect I am more comfortable with mounting these days to have
handled it all. That's my opinion anyway.

Anyway, anyone have any advice beyond what is in the install guide?

Simon