Michael Rasile wrote:

Greetings!
I was wondering if anyone has successfully set up a Canon Lide30 USB scanner under
gentoo. This has become very frustrating. Everything that I know is set up correctly,
usb in the kernel and all, sane-find-scanner finds the device, but xsane absolutely
will not find the scanner. I even installed the latest version of xsane, but no luck.
When I was using Mandrake 9.1 with the same scanner under xsane, it worked perfectly
and everything was configured. I believe it's an xsane problem, which is frustrating
the hell out of me. I went to the xsane web site and downloaded the plustek driver,
which is supposed to be used with my Canon scanner, but I couldn't get it to work.
I've checked all the docs, but with no luck. If anyone knows anything or can give me
some hints or websites that I've missed, I'll be most grateful. Thanks for anything.

Mike

Helo Mike,

check this:
1. if scanimage --list-devices finds your scanner
2. if your scanner is defined in /etc/hotplug/usb.distmap
3. if /dev/usb/scanner0 belongs to you
4. try export SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE=canon:/dev/usb/scanner0 and start xsane

noro