<snip>
> Any comments? Or does anyone have good experiences with other distros on
> laptops?

I run it on a Toshiba laptop. Everything works real well except for some
of the power (ACPI) related functionality. I'm not sure if it's the ACPI
patches or my laptop's ACPI compliance, but some of the events and sleep
modes don't work at all or work as I expect them too (but then again, I
don't know that  much about ACPI).

Compiling KDE did generate A LOT of heat, but I found that if I slowed the
processor down (one of the few ACPI things that works as I expected it to)
 that the heat was a lot less (but I guess that's also at the expense of
time).

Good luck!

Ryan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]