I was thinking of yet another way of doing this :"), the simplest one :

1. Install and setup keychain
2. Change FETCH command in /etc/make.conf to something like this :

FETCHCOMMAND='ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -e "/usr/bin/wget -c -P ${DISTDIR} ${URI}"  &&
 scp [EMAIL PROTECTED]:${DISTDIR}/${FILE} ${DISTDIR}'

i havent tested this but it should work.. if u test it post the result :")
-c will skip the dload if it is already dloaded