On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:35:20PM +0200, Jesper Blauendahl wrote:
> I've just emerge'ed the bootsplash ebuild and every seems to work after
> I compiled the kernel and did the nessesary configuration.
>
> The refresh rate is only 60Hz though and I would like to increase it to
> 85Hz if it's possible.
>
> I've used the example from the /usr/share/bootsplash/grub.conf to
> configure grub:
>
> # title=Gentoo Linux (1280x1024)
> # root (hd0,4)
> # kernel /boot/bzImage.001 root=/dev/hda7 video=mtrr,vesa:1280x1024
> vga=0x31a splash=silent
> # initrd=/initrd-1280x1024
>
> I run X in [EMAIL PROTECTED] without any problems,  and I would like that
> in the consoles as well.

I vaugly remember that you can tell the console setting what refresh
rate to run at by appending it to the grub line.  IE:

... vesa:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vga=...

Or something like that.  It is mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=49036&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

HTH, HAND.

alan

--