On 28 Jun 2003 14:19:01 +0300
Liviu Anghel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > # kernel /boot/bzImage.001 root=/dev/hda7 video=mtrr,vesa:1280x1024
> > vga=0x31a splash=silent

There's definitely a problem here. You need to pick a side of the fence to
sit on in this case. You pass the video=mtrr which leads me to believe
there's some nvidia involved, then pass the framebuffer command right behind
it, then tell vesa what you're telling a different driver to do. This is the
little I learned from linux-fb-dev..pass video=vesa: when you're using a
card specific driver to do your framebuffer- i.e. radeonfb,atyfb,etc & use
vga= when you are just using a extended vga capability of your card (VESA
2.0 compliant, in later kernels).

For what you want, a high res console before you start, you should check out
fbset and add a fbset command to local.start, which should switch your
console before you get to log in.

--
Chuck Brewer
Registered Linux User #284015