MAL wrote:

The vesa framebuffer driver doesn't support setting refresh rates IIRC.

Again, IIRC, some of the card specific drivers do.

MAL

I have a Diamond Viper 770 RIVA TNT2 Ultra graphics card. I've tried compiling with

Console drivers --> Frame-buffer support --> nVidia Riva support [*]

instead of the VESA driver, but I can't get it to work. The kernel compiles nicely but when I boot the resolution is 640x400 and I only get the TUX logo instead of the nice bootsplash :-(.

Does the grub.conf need any thing special when I use the nVidia driver (I used the same as previously posted)?

I've also tried appending @85 to 1280x1024 but it doesn't seem to make a difference. (only tried this with the VESA driver)

Jesper