I'm a total networking noob, but I'd like to set up a home network. My
current PC (running Linux) is connected over ADSL using rp-pppoe. It has
a printer as well, running on CUPS. My other PC, an old Packard Bell
(bleh) P133 running (walking, rather) Win98. How would I set this up?
The only home LAN setup I've ever seen is connecting the hub to the
modem, and then connecting PCs to the hub. But my ADSL connection
requires me to "log in" (rp-pppoe takes care of that). Also, will the
two PCs "see" each other on a local network? Or will they have to
communicate over the external network? If so, how will they be assigned
different IPs?

--
Tactless

"If it wasn't for fog, the world would run at a really crappy framerate."
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature.