On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:36 pm, MAL wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
>
> >The only problem I am having is with scp. I have openssh installed,
and
> >can ssh into the box, but cannot copy files to the box with scp. When
> >try, I get asked for my password (as expected), then the session just
> >sits there, doing nothing.
>
> What command do you use to scp? (whole command line).
>
> MAL

$ ls -l xx
-rw-rw-r--    1 paulcol  paulcol       104 Sep 26  2002 xx

$ scp xx [EMAIL PROTECTED]:.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:

The box I am using above is not Gentoo, but a RedHat 7.3 install.

I can connect between the same two boxes with ssh:

$ ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
Last login: Wed Jun 25 18:03:40 2003

Good day to avoid cops.  Crawl to work.

--
Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC.    http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
     Asking for technical help in newsgroups?  Read this first: