Dan Fairs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  [ ... ]

> Public sector adoption in particular is interesting. Here in the UK,
> it looks like the government are a Microsoft shop, with the
> Government Gateway and all. Has anyone been involved in a Gentoo
> deployment in the public sector?

  at the department of Mathematics at the University of Oslo we use
  Linux for both servers and clients, but we have access to a single
  Windows terminal server via rdesktop.  the linux distribution of
  choice around here is RedHat.  we also have some OS9 macs, but we're
  migrating over to OSX slowly.

  the rest of the university has a rather large amount of linux boxen.
  I can't give an exact number, but other departments (apart from the
  obvious Computer Science) are also major linux users.

--
Terje