On Thursday 03 July 2003 07:11, gabriel wrote:
> On June 27, 2003 06:39 am, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 June 2003 21:23, daniel wrote:
> i'm sorry, but i HAVE to ask.  what is so great about noatun?  i can't
> delete files from the filesystem by way of the playlist, loading my
> playlist (4000+ songs) eats up ALL of my cpu for about 2minutes, and
> shuffling does the same. the skins are ugly, and the winamp skin support
> only works for the play/stop etc. interface, the playlist is still just as
> ugly.

Thats because Noatun uses plugins. From which information should the
Winamp-skin-plugin know which playlist you are using and what GUI to create
for it.

Note: You can use other playlists. I am currently using hayes, which shows the
file like your filesystem. It even recognises new files in the dirs (which
xmms doesn't).

> i can't right-click to get file info, so if the song sucks, i can't even
> find it on my hard drive to delete it manually etc. etc.  so what makes
> this thing so great? 'cause i just don't see it.

This is not an issue with the right playlist-plugin. (see above)

> also, can someone explain to me why arts exists in the first place?  please
> excuse the ignorance, but since other window managers (windowmaker, gnome,
> ion etc.) seem to use audio just fine, why is arts even required?

Because sometime kde decided to use aRts.
Because its still a great system.
Because we have to stay binary-compatible till kde4.

> please excuse the bitchyness, but i'm just so frustrated with this thing
> and comments like the above which don't answer the initial question
> concerning the audio lag in flash.

But aRts is the reason for this lag. Normally (if you do not reconfigure your
artsd) it has about 200ms delay, so the music won't stop while you are
opening three homepages and compiling your next kernel...

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---