Hello!

On Thursday 03 July 2003 09:11, gabriel wrote:
> also, can someone explain to me why arts exists in the first place?  please
> excuse the ignorance, but since other window managers (windowmaker, gnome,
> ion etc.) seem to use audio just fine, why is arts even required?

<IMHO>
I'd vote against aRts too. I always have it disabled... May be arts has a
great support for mixing effects etc etc, but *all* I need is just to hear
sounds and nothing more! And basic sound playing with aRts is just terrible
-- it skips here and there and everywhere *even* if I give aRts the realtime
priority.

Hope that, as Arnold said, kde4 will get rid of aRts.

As about Noatun, it looks pretty well and promising, but I wasn't able to get
my cyrrillic titles of songs to display correctly in it (may be I have my
/dev/hands broken ;) ). So I'll stay with good old xmms for now.
</IMHO>

Regards,
Dmitry.