I did an emerge sync and then emerge -u --deep system -p which listed rsync
as the only package to be upgraded - I did upgrade it.  I then did emerge -u
--deep world -p and get a long list of stuff - most of it Gnome stuff marked
N.

I notice mailbase is being upgraded which adds linc and then
gnome-base/ORBit2.  Gnome-base-gconf adds things like bonobo, libglade pulls
in some stuff, and gonome-vfs does, too -  and this continues for long page
of stuff.

What changed to cause the update to want to jam a bunch of Gnome stuff on my
system - or is something borked with emerge?
--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><