Hi Matthias,
On Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 11:21:39 [GMT +0200], you wrote:

> ---------- quoting Christian Aust ----------
>> Hmm, haven't thought of that. How would I easily tar everything
>> except /proc, /dev and /mnt, and send it through bzip2?

> [...] And tar has the feature to pipe all through gzip to pack the
> archive contents. Just use the "-z" flag for this (again, "man tar" is
> your friend).

Or -j to pipe through bzip2. Although I wouldn't compress the archive at
all in this case, at least not when there is enough free space on the
FAT32 partition. Compression only takes more time and as you usually
won't keep the archive for a longer time, I'd prefer the saved time over
the saved space.

--
Regards,
Lars