On Thu Jul 24, 2003 at 12:39:33PM +0100 or thereabouts, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
> Kevin Hayes wrote:
> >Have just installed G2 using stage1-x86-20030717.tar.bz2 and get
> >the following during boot, can anyone shed some light on the
> >xargs: error message,
> >
> >     * Configuring kernel parameters...                      [ ok ]
> >        * Cleaning /var/lock, /var/run...
> >        xargs: environment is too large for exec                [ ok ]
> >        * Cleaning /tmp directory...                            [ ok ]
> >
> >Using 2.4.20, which I also use to boot Slackware and Debian, on other
> >partitions without the message, curious.
> >
> >There apparently was a kernel patch for this in the 2.3 kernel.
> >
> >When I first log in on tty1, there are also a lot of modprobe messages
> >related to modules which i neither have or want.
> >
> >tia.
> >

> Update baselayout.  The version 1.8.6.9 of baselayout fixes this error
> and many other ones too.

Greetings!
Just for the record, I was having the same xargs error message and I
upgraded to baselayout 1.8.6.9 and I still get the message. It's not causing
any serious problems, just annonying to see it. If updating baselayout is
supposed to fix the bug, just wondering why it didnnn't work for me. Any
suggestions as to what else I might do. Thanks for anything.

Mike

Regards,
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]