Alex wrote:
Does anyone know of a good laptop to run linux on (preferably gentoo)?

The only graphical program I intend to run is Mozilla, otherwise I will
use text based programs. I guess I just want a dumb terminal that can do
X.

I was wondering, since gentoo is a source-based distrobution, how *slow*
of a computer can be useful?

I use my borrowed laptop only in text-mode and Mozilla, xterm and emacs as the only gui-programs. The laptop got 128MB RAM and an AMD K6-2 450MHz processor. It runs smootly with fvwm as a window manager. However, Mozilla takes a few seconds to start.

But I recommend using distcc and some extra computers during installation!

--
hw